By Marah Gubar
Read or Download Artful Dodgers: Reconceiving the Golden Age of Children's Literature PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The 1st complete examine of prehistoric fiction
Many intellectuals in eighteenth-century Japan valued classical poetry in both chinese language or eastern for its expression of unadulterated human sentiments. in addition they observed such poetry as a distillation of the language and aesthetic values of historic China and Japan, which provided types of the nice govt and social concord missing of their time.
Blake’s Agitation is an intensive and interesting mirrored image at the dynamic, forward-moving, and lively nature of severe notion. Steven Goldsmith investigates the trendy thought that there’s a fiery feeling in severe notion, a kind of emotion that provides real feedback the capability to head past reading the realm.
Teens frequently fight with confusion or guilt simply because they understand themselves as varied from others, particularly their friends. For a few of these members, the humanities may also help them take care of adolescent turmoil, permitting them to show their feelings in poems, tales, portray, songs, and different inventive retailers.
- A Tournament of Misfits: Tall Tales and Short (Lorenzo Da Ponte Italian Library)
- Before the Country: Native Renaissance, Canadian Mythology
- The Sex Is Out of This World: Essays on the Carnal Side of Science Fiction (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- Federman's Fictions: Innovation, Theory, and the Holocaust
- Ibsen's Houses: Architectural Metaphor and the Modern Uncanny
Additional resources for Artful Dodgers: Reconceiving the Golden Age of Children's Literature
Artful Dodgers: Reconceiving the Golden Age of Children's Literature by Marah Gubar